Current Vacancies 5/24/2022
Director of Program Administration
Job Title: Director of Program Administration
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Reports To: President and CEO
Compensation: Range 10
FSLA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the President and CEO develops, maintains and supervises the AVCP Regional Housing Authority Department of Program Administration and the day-to-day operations of the all program grants for the housing authority.
- Five years experience, skill in comprehensive planning, implementation and related capacity.
- College or university degree in Planning, Rural Development or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Experience in supervisory capacity.
- Valid Alaska State driver’s license.
- Preference to be given to Native Americans and Alaska Natives to the extent allowed by the Indian Education and Self-Determination Act (PL93-638).
- Yup’ik speaking preferred.
Duties and responsibilities but not limited to:
- Knowledge of private and public resources.
- Planning and coordination skills for region-wide meetings and conferences,
- Communication skills to work with tribes, municipalities, and general public.
- Able to write clearly, legibly and do arithmetic calculations.
- Follow and apply a system of complex regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently, accurately and detailed in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Responsible for the operations of the Department of Program Administration.
- Responsible to seek, plan and write a variety of grants to help AVCP RHA provide, support and increase affordable housing and opportunities.
- Responsible to administer grants in compliance with grants requirements.
- Responsible to submit grants timely and to timely submit grant reports to the funding agency, the CEO and the Board.
- Work with Tribes to inform of grants and for involvement in the development and writing of grants.
- Work to inform AVCP RHA departments on and to administer grants And to obtain data from departments to write grant reports.
- Work with AVCP RHA departments to ensure grant and AVCP RHA goals and objective accomplished in compliance with grant requirements and applicable statutes, regulations and policy.
- Ensure program guidance and notices by HUD are disseminated and ensure AVCP RHA’s compliance with program guidance and notices. Maintain record of all program guidance and notices.
- Responsible to draft, implement and interpret AVCP Regional Housing Authority Policy and Procedures on grants.
- Responsible to plan, develop, and implement the AVCP Regional Housing Authority Indian Housing Plan; to obtain approval from tribes with prior review of IHP and IHP amendments.
- Responsible for the preparation of and reporting the Annual Performance Report of the Indian Housing Plan to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible to plan and schedule the annual Self-Monitoring and work with Anchorage ONAP to plan and schedule On-Site Monitoring activities.
- Maintain library of applicable federal statutes, regulations, and rules.
- Maintain working relationship with tribal and municipal governments, regional and village corporations, regional service organizations, federal and state agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Environment & Physical Demands
No unusual physical demands. Requirements are those of normal office work with extended hours of sitting and operation of standard office and computer equipment
How to Apply:
A separate application must be submitted for each position applying for.
Submit a completed AVCP – Regional Housing Authority employment application and resume to:
|Mail to:||Deliver to:||Fax/email to:|
|AVCP – RHA|
PO Box 767 Bethel, AK 99559
|AVCP – RHA |
405 Ptarmigan Road Bethel, AK 9559
ATTN: Human Resources
Pursuant to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975, 25 U.S.C. § 450e(b), AVCP – Regional Housing Authority agrees to give preference to Indians who can perform the work required regardless of age, sex, religion, or tribal affiliation for training and employment opportunities. To be considered under Indian Preference, you must provide verification with your application and resume. AVCP – Regional Housing Authority is an “At-Will” equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
AVCP Regional Housing Authority is an “At-Will” equal opportunity employer with Indian American/Alaska Native Preference pursuant to 7(b) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistant Act of 1975.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
These job descriptions reflects the AVCP Regional Housing Authority’s best effort to describe the requirements and qualifications of the jobs described. They are not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the jobs. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract. Your signature indicates you have read the Job Description and understand the requirements and qualifications for the job in return for salary compensation.