VAP provides the opportunity for tribes, who have named AVCP RHA as their Tribally Designated Housing Entity (TDHE) to apply for and receive a percentage of their annual Indian Housing Block Grant amount to implement their own housing programs for privately owned homes.
Each year tribes are notified of funding availability. The tribes are given time to apply for VAP. The deadline for submittal is one year from when AVCP RHA received its IHP approval.
A tribe can use VAP for any eligible affordable housing activity under NAHASDA and in the approved AVCP RHA Indian Housing Plan.
VAP annual allocation is a set amount in which grant applications are approved until the allocation is depleted.
To obtain VAP funding the tribes must submit:
- Tribal Work Plan specifies tribes plan to use the VAP
- Budget Narrative for Program
- Budget Narrative for Administration and Planning
- Tribal Resolutions authorizing submittal of TWP
- Sub recipient Agreement
The tribe with a VAP Grant Award is responsible to:
- To establish Environmental Review Records (ERR) before any VAP funds are obligated or expended
- To hire an housing administrator, the housing administrator is a tribal council employee
- Submit reports on a quarterly basis and on time
A tribe’s grant award or request for release of funds can be delayed if:
- Tribe has compliance issues with any of the open grants
- Tribe has reports that have not been submitted