To be in the homeownership program the individual or family living in the unit has responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Make house payments each month, in full and in time
- Maintain the house
- Make repairs to the house
- Purchase the materials, equipment, and supplies to do the repairs or when they need replacement
- To be able to pay for someone to do the repairs and maintenance if they are unable to maintain or repair the house
- Use the house as the primary place of residence
- Participate in the annual recertification process
- Participate in the annual inspection process
- Be full compliance with the homebuyer agreement
What happens if a homebuyer is not in compliance with any of the above?
If a homebuyer is not in compliance will begin the “Notice Process” for the homebuyer to begin addressing area or areas of noncompliance. If no action is taken by the homebuyer in the Notice Process it can lead to the termination of the homebuyer agreement which can lead to eviction from the unit.